Aug 26, 2021
Paddle board tricks are very necessary and useful for paddle board using, today we are introducing three ways about the paddle board tricks.
HOW TO GET ON A STAND UP PADDLE BOAR
If this is the first time you use a sup board, it’s best if you can choose a flat and peaceful water area, where there are no floatable items and ships around. In the beginning, you might that it’s easier to kneel on the board than to stand upon it. But you will get used to it very soon just by following the below points:
- Put the board at the diving place, and stand by it. Make the paddle lean on the edge of board and the paddle leaf sticking into water.
- Two hands grab the middle of the edge while either of hards always need to hold the paddle.
- Kneel down on the place between the middle and the tail.
- Feel the balance of the board, and make sure the head won’t tilt and the tail won’t dive into water.
- Grab one side of the board tightly to make it stable.
Whenever you are ready, stand up with one foot, then totally up. You should stand upon the place that you just kneeled down on. Of course, you can ask a friend you hold the board so you can easily stand up.
HOW TO SURF A SUP BOARD
After standing up, how do you maintain the balance?
- Your feet should stand up horizontally and keep the distance of your hip between them. Stand in the middle of the board, not on either of the sides.
- Keep your toes heading forward, and bend your knees with your back straight.
- Use your hip to make the balance, not your upper half body.
- Keep your head and shoulder up and tight, and adjust your the gravity point by your hip.
- Stare forward, and do not focus on your feet.
- When you move forward, it’s easy to find the stability and balance, just like riding a bicycle.
SUP TIPS AND TRICKS
As soon as you feel like a good handle of the balance, you can start to enjoy the fun of it. Below are the tips for you:
- When you surf on the right side, your right hand should hold the bottom half, and your left hand should hold the upper half.
- The arch of the head of paddle turns its back to you, and you may feel confused in the first place.
- Keep your arms straight and feel like you are boarding using your body. Your stomach gives more strength than your arms.
- Use the upper hand to paddle down when boarding.
- Dive the paddle leaf into the water, and then drag it back to the level of your ankle.
- The distance does not necessarily be very long, you can practice by short distance.
- In the beginning, using a small supporting force to paddle will make your surfing more effective and farther.
- If you want to go in straight line, you can paddle four or five times on one side, then change the side and repeat it.
- When you change the side of paddling, do not forget to switch the position of your hand.